Please don't top-post.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Kamlesh Kumar wrote:

softphone is not going to be used in this setup. Hardphone is required. Around 60-70 simultaneous calls would be required.

OK. So figure on about 6 UDP packets, about 3.5 KB per call. Not a big deal.

I'd look for a reliable system and build 2 so you can swap between them as needed. Going the full redundant, heartbeat kind of setup may be more trouble than it is worth depending on how tolerant your users are to the very occasional outage.

A couple of years ago, I bought a used Supermicro server with a 3.2 Ghz P4 off Ebay for $150 including shipping. Earlier this week, I updated the OS and rebooted it. The uptime was 574 days.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST