On 06/02/2013 11:02 PM, Chris Bagnall wrote:

On 2/6/13 2:01 pm, Muhammad Yousuf wrote:
I am trying to use asterisk as transcoder between voipswitch 2.0 and gsm
gateway. Voipswitch supports g723.1 but gsm gateway does not. Now I have
g723.1 codec in my asterisk. call leg from voipswitch is using codec g723.1 and call leg from gsm gateway is using codec gsm. I am having one way audio
and getting below mentioned warning. Asterisk version is 1.8.11.0

Isn't g723.1 considered pretty poor quality these days? Can't you set voipswitch to use something apart from that?
For a 5.3kbps codec G.723.1 is still pretty good, and I don't know another codec with a similar bit rate that is available on as many platforms.

Steve