Hi,

where did you change the ulimit? The following command should show you, if your setting is correct:

asterisk -rx "ulimit descriptors"

In my installation I edited the limits here:

vi /etc/security/limits.conf
[...]
asterisk            soft    nofile          8192
asterisk            hard    nofile          32768
#EOF

This assumes, that asterisk runs under the user "asterisk" (first column is the user). I am not sure if a reboot is neccessary after changing this file. Give it a try and check the asterisk process with the above given command.

-Thorsten-