On 06/27/2013 10:37 AM, Andrew Latham wrote:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM, A J Stiles
<asterisk_l...@earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
On Thursday 27 June 2013, Eric Cooper wrote:
I'd like to protect my expensive Digium FXO cards from spikes on my
three incoming PSTN lines.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Does your telco not fit surge suppressors to the NTE as a matter of standard
practice?  Perhaps we are spoiled in the UK .....

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.

APC sells a modular solution that has rack mount or wall mount
options. ProtectNet is the product line.
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=145

I'll second the APC option. A PRM4 and two PTEL2 will protect 4 lines with a little wiring. Make sure you have a good ground to connect to or the whole thing is worthless.

-Dave