Hope this helps someone save a day of running around.

So my issue was with a2billing. The warning `No remote address on RTP
instance '0xb6d16a28' so dropping frame`
was not related to the music on hold coming on during ringing.

The Problem:

We have a script that loads rates into `a2billing.cc_ratecard` table. The
problem field was `musiconhold`.
`lib/asterisk/agi-bin/lib/Class.RateEngine.php` to fire:

 if (strlen($musiconhold) > 0 && $musiconhold != "selected") {
                $dialparams .= "m";

This added the m to the DIAL command.

The Solution:

Make sure cc_ratecard.musiconhold = '';

Thank you all for your help. I can rest now :).

Nick from Toronto.