I only use 100 ports as well but we have a very low call volume.
I thought that I saw that you need to allocate 2 ports for every simultaneous call that you need to support. The ports are free (no charge) and are UDP not TCP so you do not lose any TCP ports.

I am not sure what a hacker could do if they attacked these ports.

Ron