I am sure I need outboundproxy :)

We use Kamailio in front of our softswitch as a type of firewall and
because not all sip endpoints can set the headers such that they will
work with said softswitch.  Calling messages (and calling!) work just
fine through the proxy - that setting just doesn't seem to be honored
by the qualify=yes messaging.

This isn't a particular problem, but when we setup backup trunks that
go through a different proxy, for redundancy without the monitoring,
it takes a fair amount of time before the calls go through while it
waits for the problem trunk to timeout on it's own.

-Nick