for the record. info about opus from Lorenzo Mniero (author of Opus patch for asterisk) with his permission

--cite--
Opus is just a codec. In order to save an audio file using Opus, you
need a container, which for Opus is OGG. Asterisk supports OGG, but I
think it is implemented to only dump Vorbis audio, and so the existing
module would need to be extended to support Opus as well.

I haven't checked how complex this could be, to be honest, so I have
no idea about how much effort would be needed for this. Right now we
don't need it, so I really can't say if and when we'll start working
on this.

Lorenzo
--cite--