On 2014-03-07 17:31, Paul Belanger wrote:
On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Markus <unive...@truemetal.org> wrote:
Hi Thorolf,

Am 06.03.2014 16:21, schrieb Thorolf Godawa:

Using (para-)virtualization with Xen could be an other option, on
systems with low load this works reliable, but what happens on systems
with high load? Are there any issues known about problems with the
realtime, packet loss etc. because it runs in a VM?

hmm, all my Asterisk'es run in (KVM) VMs, no issues there. But how is this
related to high availability? I think it's not. :)

I think the way to go for high availability (and scalability) is Kamailio!
In a redundant setup, running on 2 separate physical machines (maybe in a
VM, doesn't matter). Then you make them failsafe using whatever tool(s)
available. Then you can set up 1, 2, 10 or 100 Asterisk "behind" Kamailio
and any of them could fail (but 1 :-) ) and you will still be online.

Sorry, for the stupid question, but what happens if Kamailio fails ?

Thanks.

regards

Hans