On 9/04/2014, at 10:42 pm, Positively Optimistic
<positivelyoptimis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using vpn routers to connect home users back to our office network.
> Basically, shipping a mikrotik router that 'calls home' and establishes a vpn
> connection for the pc and phone that are connected to the mikrotik...   user
> plugs router in, plugs phone and computer into router, and that traffic is
> encapsulated back to our office... simple and straighforward.
>
> We would like to remove the router from the equation...  does anyone know of
> a SIP phone with a built in VPN client that can provide the tunnel for both
> the phone and the pc traffic?  It would seem trivial to route a subnet down
> to the vpn client in the phone, that would be available to devices connected
> on the PC side of the telephone..  This would be tremendous for an at-home
> contact center agent..    An added benefit would be to limit connections the
> connection on the PC side of the phone to a specific mac address..

We use the Yealink phones - a number of which do openvpn, we had Mikrotiks in
the middle but are removing them now, we haven’t tested the PC routing side
though.

http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/OpenVPN_Feature_on_Yealink_IP_Phones(Linux_Windows)_V71.pdf