On 23/10/2014 4:57 PM, Larry Moore wrote:

On 23/10/2014 5:43 AM, Leandro Dardini wrote:
Hello,
I am struggling to have a SPA504G to auto answer (for intercom/paging).
I have tried the following SIP headers (not all together), but without
luck:

SIPAddHeader(Call-Info:\;answer-after=0);
SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: answer-after=0);
SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=intercom);
SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer);
SIPAddHeader(P-Auto-Answer: normal);

What does your dialplan look like that makes the paging call?

Listing from my Asterisk:

'8000' => 1. Set(SIP_CODEC=alaw)
2. Dial(MulticastRTP/linksys/224.168.168.168:45678/224.168.168.168:6061)
3. Hangup()

Using the Web Interface on you SPA501, log in as admin and select the
advanced view. Select the SIP tab, down the bottom of the page there is
a section headed 'Linksys Key System Parameters'.

You will want settings much like

Linksys Key System: yes
Multicast Address: 224.168.168.168:6061
Key System Auto Discovery: no
Key System IP Address: <leave blank>
Force LAN Codec: 711a <may be set to none, G711a or G711u>

For the benefit of others I encountered a situation where I was getting one-way audio in a call regardless of it not being a paging call, this was because the negotiated codecs for the call was one other than the one selected in the 'Force LAN Codec:' setting.

It would appear setting the 'Force LAN Codec:' to either G711u or G711a _always_ enforces the phone to use this codec for its Encoder regardless of what is negotiated in SIP.

My advice, leave the 'Force LAN Codec:' setting at its default value which is 'none'.

Larry.