On Fri, 3 Jul 2015, Jerry Geis wrote:

Ok digging deaper... I was always trying to run the session as su myuser -c "asterisk -fn"

This does not seem to work.

If I login as myuser and run "asterisk fn" it worked... I got a lot of crackly noise that I normally dont have but it worked.

Any thoughts on why I cannot run the command as 'su myuser -c "asterisk -fn"' ?

Maybe there is a difference in the environment -- like a search [XXX]PATH or resource limit?

Does comparing the output from:

        su myuser -c 'set | sort --unique >set-su'
        sudo --user=myuser sh -c 'set | sort --unique >set-sudo'
        set | sort --unique >set-shell # logged in as myuser

        su myuser -c 'ulimit -a | sort >ulimit-su'
        sudo --user=myuser sh -c 'ulimit -a | sort >ulimit-sudo'
        ulimit -a | sort >ulimit-shell # logged in as myuser

yield any clues?

Maybe the 'crackly noise' is because myuser cannot access resources the same way root can -- like an elevated priority or 'real time' or ???

--
Thanks in advance,