i looked over the archives for this list and didnt really see any add-on announcements (and asterisk-announce seems just dev info and tumbleweed) so forgive me if i upset anyone here.

I just hooked up a little package i call astelegraph. Unlike a lot of fax solutions that provide a fax <-> email gateway, it makes outbound faxes easier by letting users place a file into a folder that's instantly faxed to whatever the filename is (no cron or every-minute checking ickyness).

e.g., 2155551234.pdf gets faxed to 215-555-1234. other neatness include putting an email address in the filename for reporting and/or putting a timestamp in the filename for scheduling.

i find it nice to be able to scp a file to the server and have it faxed. and i set up a samba share to the same directory so i can drag a file right into the window and have it faxed.

http://github.com/jkister/astelegraph

let me know if you find it useful,

--

Jeremy Kister