Carlos Chavez wrote:
I am currently having a voice quality problem with one of our Asterisk
servers. We have checked the network and we have found no problems that
could cause the voice to sound cracked and with small interruptions. I
am looking at the timing source for Asterisk and it is currently using
timerfd even though we have an E1 card installed. Is timerfd better than
dahdi? Any recommendations to test if timing may be a problem for voice
quality and DTMF?

What is the scenario and the channels involved? Timing is only used for things such as playback, music on hold, and ConfBridge. If it's strictly a two party call then Asterisk forwards media as received.

--
Joshua Colp