Strange. What's the output of:
lsof -u <USER RUNNING ASTERISK> | wc -l

I know that on some CentOS7 setups we needed to remove the
file 90-nproc.conf as well as add to the Asterisk init script:
ulimit -s unlimited
ulimit -n 65535
ulimit -Hn 65535
ulimit -u 65535
ulimit -Hu 65535



On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Ahmed Munir <ahmedmunir...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>
> See below;
>
> [root@abc asterisk]# cat /proc/50771/limits
> Limit                     Soft Limit           Hard Limit           Units
> Max cpu time              unlimited            unlimited            seconds
> Max file size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes
> Max data size             unlimited            unlimited            bytes
> Max stack size            10485760             unlimited            bytes
> Max core file size        unlimited            unlimited            bytes
> Max resident set          unlimited            unlimited            bytes
> Max processes             256389               256389
> processes
> Max open files            20000                25000                files
> Max locked memory         65536                65536                bytes
> Max address space         unlimited            unlimited            bytes
> Max file locks            unlimited            unlimited            locks
> Max pending signals       256389               256389               signals
> Max msgqueue size         819200               819200               bytes
> Max nice priority         0                    0
> Max realtime priority     0                    0
> Max realtime timeout      unlimited            unlimited            us
>
>
> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:37:34 -0400
>> From: Dovid Bender <do...@telecurve.com>
>> To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
>>         <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
>> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Openfile Issue
>> Message-ID:
>>         <cam3tth2ykzifywjoqf1ezkn9qruvlhli38cmpp6uxjsqck4...@mail.gm
>> ail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>
>> What do you get when you do:
>> cat /proc/<PID OF ASTERISK>/limits ?
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Ahmed Munir <ahmedmunir...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Now a days getting openfile issues on asterisk quite often even setting
>> > system  soft limit to 20000 and hard limit to 25000 and issue usually
>> > occurs during openfile socket consumed by system and asterisk is quite
>> > smaller than the soft or hard limit. See below system and asterisk logs;
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | Too many LOG file moved successfully - messages
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | Asterisk openfile count: 1252
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | Total system open files count: 4091
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | SIP channels: 93 active calls|1563 calls processed
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | Asterisk SIP peers: 366
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | Asterisk service uptime: System uptime: 4 days, 4
>> > hours, 12 minutes, 33 seconds
>> >
>> > Last reload: 4 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes, 33 seconds
>> >
>> > Privilege escalation protection disabled!
>> >
>> > See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/x/1gKfAQ for more details.
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | Socket Summary
>> >
>> > Total: 648 (kernel 758)
>> >
>> > TCP:   20 (estab 8, closed 5, orphaned 0, synrecv 0, timewait 1/0),
>> ports
>> > 14
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Transport Total     IP        IPv6
>> >
>> > *         758       -         -
>> >
>> > RAW       0         0         0
>> >
>> > UDP       422       419       3
>> >
>> > TCP       15        14        1
>> >
>> > INET      437       433       4
>> >
>> > FRAG      0         0         0
>> >
>> > 2016:10:13_08:19:01 | Logged successfully all the required details
>> >
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:41] ERROR[50690][C-0000062a] res_timing_timerfd.c:
>> > Failed to create timerfd timer: Too many open files
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:41] ERROR[50690][C-0000062a] acl.c: Cannot create
>> socket
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:41] ERROR[50690][C-0000062a] res_timing_timerfd.c:
>> > Failed to create timerfd timer: Too many open files
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:41] ERROR[50690][C-0000062a] acl.c: Cannot create
>> socket
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:41] ERROR[50689][C-00000629] res_timing_timerfd.c:
>> > Failed to create timerfd timer: Too many open files
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:41] ERROR[50689][C-00000629] acl.c: Cannot create
>> socket
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:40] ERROR[49913][C-000005b7] cdr_csv.c: Unable to
>> > re-open master file /var/log/asterisk//cdr-csv//Master.csv : Too many
>> > open files
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:40] ERROR[2983] acl.c: Cannot create socket
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:40] ERROR[49833][C-0000059c] cdr_csv.c: Unable to
>> > re-open master file /var/log/asterisk//cdr-csv//Master.csv : Too many
>> > open files
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:40] ERROR[2983] acl.c: Cannot create socket
>> >
>> > [2016-10-13 08:18:40] ERROR[2983] acl.c: Cannot create socket
>> >
>> > Further added, I'm using CentOS 6.5 as OS.
>> >
>> > Please advise what changes required for permanently fixing this random
>> > issue.
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Ahmed Munir Chohan
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > _____________________________________________________________________
>> > -- Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com --
>> >
>> > Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
>> >       http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference
>> >
>> > New to Asterisk? Start here:
>> >       https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started
>> >
>> > asterisk-users mailing list
>> > To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
>> >    http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users
>> >
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL: <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/attachment
>> s/20161013/dd80ddc4/attachment.html>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> --Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com--
>>
>> Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
>>       http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference
>>
>> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>>       https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started
>>
>> asterisk-users mailing list
>> To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
>>    http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users
>>
>> End of asterisk-users Digest, Vol 147, Issue 11
>> ***********************************************
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ahmed Munir Chohan
>
>
> --
> _____________________________________________________________________
> -- Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com --
>
> Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
>       http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>       https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started
>
> asterisk-users mailing list
> To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
>    http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users
>
-- 
_____________________________________________________________________
-- Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com --

Join the Asterisk Community at the 13th AstriCon, September 27-29, 2016
      http://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference

New to Asterisk? Start here:
      https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started

asterisk-users mailing list
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
   http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users

Reply via email to