If cable can be pulled , you have a couple of options.

Long Reach Ethernet from Cisco is rated for 5,000 feet. Multi-mode fiber with fiber/ethernet media converters on each end would work and electrically isolate the two ends of the cable. Both are way overkill from a capacity standpoint, but sometimes there's nothing wrong with overkill. Put an ATA on the far side.