If you are trying to detect caller ID, and it is being supplied by the
telco in the format you have configured in /etc/chan_dahdi.conf then this
should not cause a delay. Are you actually seeing the caller ID being
displayed on the ringing phones?

If, however, the telco is not supplying caller ID info, or it is being
supplied in a format that you have not set up for, this is likely the cause
of the delay (looking for caller ID).

All the best,

David

On 27 April 2017 at 12:48, Ryan, Travis <ry...@oscarwinski.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>

> I have a setup with two analog lines coming into and Asterisk 13 box with
> a TDM400P and it takes a lot of rings before asterisk takes over. I’ve
> traced this same box on two different analog providers so it probably isn’t
> a problem with them.
>

> I DO have callerid enabled and not sure I can turn it off (if they will
> let me). Any other ideas of making it ring through faster?
>

> By the time my internal phones get rang the customer has heard upwards of
> 7 rings. Some customers hang up thinking no one will answer.
>

> Also, I have fax detection off in my dialplan.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Travis
>
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

[image: Digium logo]
*David Duffett*
Digium, Inc. · Director, Worldwide Asterisk Community
6 Landscape Close · Weston on the Green · Bicester · Oxfordshire OX25 3SX ·
UK
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6119 · mobile: +44 7722 442236
twitter: dduffett · linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/davidduffett
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org
<http://www.asterisk.org/>