I have a 'time and attendance' application. Think janitorial or security kind of thing where an employee goes from location to location.

They're supposed to 'clock in' when they get to a site using a phone at that site to prove they're there.

Some employees have discovered 'fake caller ID' services can be used to say they're on site when they are not.

How can I detect a fake CallerID? The INVITE looks the same to me.

If I have the employees call an 8xx number, can I ask my SIP provider to include more headers to show the real ANI? What would that service be called?

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST