On Sat, Dec 2, 2017, at 07:53 AM, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi List
>
> Just in case someone else runs into the same problem migrating from
> chan_sip to res_pjsip.
>
> In chan sip you did define the voicemail variables in the peer section.
>
> I did configure most of that stuff into the endpoint of pjsip,
> including:
>
> mailboxes=
> voicemail_extension=
>
> Well, after re-reading where each config could be specified I found
> that those two can also be used in an aor section.
>
> I moved them there, and now subscription to MWI works as expected with
> my SNOM M9 phones, the 'hint' from the dial plan is being found.

The "hint" isn't used for MWI, it's strictly used if you are subscribing
to get the state of another extension. As you've discovered, though, the
placement of mailboxes is important. When set in an endpoint it
configures unsolicited MWI - that is MWI without the endpoint
subscribing for it. When set in an AOR it configures what mailboxes the
endpoint can subscribe and receive MWI for. Since you've moved it to the
AOR it can now subscribe to the mailbox and receive MWI.

--
Joshua Colp