Thank you George

From: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of George Joseph
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 8:09 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Is it possible to have two endpoints to the same
IP address where one uses IP based authentication and the other requires
asterisk to register to that system?

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Dan Cropp
<d...@amtelco.com<mailto:d...@amtelco.com>> wrote:

Thank you George.

I will pass along the rfc information to those responsible for the other switch.

I missed the match_header addition to Asterisk.

Unfortunately, the only header field that seems appropriate is the To header.

On a separate box I am now trying to configure the endpoint recognition.
Planning on multiple endpoints to the same switch, so I am trying to use the
match_header field.

I tried programming the match_header with the To: header information.
Unfortunately, it didn’t work.  Apparently the To header doesn’t work with the
match_header field.

The Asterisk debug shows the following…

DEBUG[2778] res_pjsip_endpoint_identifier_ip.c: SIP message contains header
'To' but value '' does not match value '<sip:2...@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>' for
endpoint '286'

Rats.  Apparently the code assumes the header being searched for is a "generic
string" header but the To header is its own non-generic type.

I created an issue for that...
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27548