Hello,

We are building a shim to get SMS messages (which come in from twilio via an
http post to our python web app), forwarded on to the appropriate SIP client
registered to asterisk.

The application receiving the “SMS” via HTTPS from twilio does not have a SIP
component.

I am hoping there are different ways to get the message details into Asterisk
so that it can create a MESSAGE and send it to the local endpoint.

Does anyone know the best way to get this information into Asterisk? Can I do
it with AMI, AGI, a file queue ?

Would love to hear from anyone who has implemented something like this.
Outbound is the easy part. How are you handling inbound SMS->SIP ?

Regards,

Kevin Long