> In article
> <CAHZ_z=wt3SAQnDOy26umPeC9=UNS8zg_WOofMnGuD=yntam...@mail.gmail.com>,
> Matt Fredrickson <cres...@digium.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:38 PM, Tony Mountifield <t...@softins.co.uk> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <CAHZ_z=w5dmg93gshtc93kuc+fnmrapgv46bs956u5bqxvgy...@mail.gmail.com>,
> > >
> > > Hi Matt, thanks for the reply.
> > >
> > > Both the 32-bit and 64-bit were fresh installs of the latest CentOS 6.9
> > > from
> > > online repositories using a kickstart build. I'm going to try installing
> > > the
> > > 64-bit version again tomorrow to see if the problem re-appears, just to be
> > > certain it wasn't anything transient. I don't think there is anything
> > > unclean
> > > about the spans, because they were running fine on CentOS 4 with the
> > > versions
> > > I mentioned, and are now running well again with 32-bit CentOS 6.
> >
> > Hey Tony,
> >
> > The paylooptest recommendation wasn't necessarily about screening
> > hardware problems but weeding out that there weren't any potential
> > driver issues on the 64bit install.
>
> Ok, sure. I assumed that DAHDI would have had a lot of use on 64-bit by now,
> especially since RHEL 7 is 64-bit only (although I believe CentOS 7 has been
> made available also in 32-bit).
>
> I've just done a 64-bit rebuild again, so will do some tests.

... And this time, I am not getting the MDL errors that I was getting last time.
So it looks like 64-bit is ok (which is what I would expect!), the trunks must
have got into an unexpected state, and I didn't try hard enough to get them to
reset. I have now made several test calls in and out without problems.

So apologies for the false alarm, and I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield