Hi,

I have replicated this on a fresh 15.6.0 install, chan_sip, voicemail plain,
vanilla config (whatever ships with the tucny.com RPMs) other than creating a
SIP extension and voicemail user.

Should I file a bug?

> On 4/09/2018, at 3:46 PM, Nathan Ward <aster...@daork.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a weird issue, unsure if it’s due to a bug, or configuration on my
> end. We’re on 14.7.7. I’ve looked at the app_voicemail.c code, and see no
> changes in this area of the code until the current version so don’t think age
> of the code is an issue here (but happy to be proven wrong!).
>
> When hitting * for help when listening to messages (dial in, press 1, then
> *), we get the following options:
>
> press 1 for new messages
> press 2 to change folders
> press 3 for advanced options
> press 0 for mailbox options
> press 1 to listen to new messages *
> press 2 to access messages saved in other folders *
> press 3 to record a message for another mailbox *
> press 0 for greetings and password management *
> press 5 to repeat the current message
> press 6 to play the next message
> press 7 to delete this message
> press 8 to forward the message to another user
> press 9 to save this message
> press * for help or # to exit
>
> I’ve marked 4 items with *s, these are items which seem out of place, as the
> other options largely work.
>
> I’ve been poking around, and it seems to be that this is happening because
> `skipadvanced` is set to 1, though, it this is set to 0 it would (I think) be:
> press 1 for new messages
> press 2 to change folders
> press 3 for advanced options
> press 0 for mailbox options
> press 3 for advanced options *
> press 5 to repeat the current message
> press 6 to play the next message
> press 7 to delete this message
> press 8 to forward the message to another user
> press 9 to save this message
> press * for help or # to exit
>
> Note the item with a * where advanced options is offered again (once from
> vm-opts then later from vm-advopts).
>
> I am not clear on how this is supposed to work, as both with and without
> skipadvanced set seems weird. Can anyone help?
>
> --
> Nathan Ward

Astricon is coming up October 9-11!  Signup is available at:
https://www.asterisk.org/community/astricon-user-conference

New to Asterisk? Start here: