In article <009d01d4a7e0$af2e0a50$0d8a1ef0$@verishare.co.za>,
Stefan Viljoen <viljo...@verishare.co.za> wrote:
>> Regarding this I've read the specs linked to in detail, but I can find
>> no mention anywhere of any change that implies or states that no ring
>> time will be recorded anymore in Asterisk 13 and that all times in start and
>> answer columns will now be equal for all calls.
>>
>> Can this be because I nowhere use the Answer() application in my dialplan
>> when dialing out?

>You shouldn't Answer() the originating channel before calling Dial() on it.
>You should allow Dial() to propagate the answer, busy or other failure from
>the destination channel back to the originating channel.

Hi Tony

Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing... no Answer() calls anywhere in the
dialout parts of my dialplan, as detailed in my previous posts.

>Is it possible that the setup part of the call (between initiation and answer)
>is recorded in a separate CDR?

Yes, that is correct, I get a separate CDR for the originate of the call to the
agent's extension, and then a separate CDR for the call that then goes out to
the client.

The separate CDR for an originate event DOES appear to be correct, there is
usually a second or two seconds worth of ringtime indicated, e. g. start and
answer will vary (as outgoing calls did on 1.8) under 13:

Start                              | Answer                         | End
2019-01-11 08:01:20 | 2019-01-11 08:01:22 | 2019-01-11 08:01:25

E. g. the agent originated by calling the AMI via our app at 2019-01-11
08:01:20, he picked up the phone at 2019-01-11 08:01:22 (e. g. he let it ring
for 2 seconds) etc.

This is exactly what I need to have, but not on the origination calls, the
outgoing calls under Asterisk 13 - e. g. that there is a difference between the
Start and Answer times, which = ringtime.

For the origination calls, duration and billsec is correct as well, just as it
was under 1.8 too.

It is just with 13 that the origination calls are STILL correct, as they were
under 1.8, but with 13 the outgoing calls now indicate no ringtime.

Thanks for the reply!

Stefan