Hello,

I am logging directly into file and also to syslog.
Here is snippet from my /etc/asterisk/logger.conf:

     messages => notice,warning,error,verbose
syslog.local0 => notice,warning,error,verbose

But the logs look different:

  VERBOSE[7609][C-00000013]  pbx.c:
  NOTICE[3042] chan_sip.c: Peer '1111' is now UNREACHABLE!

vs.

  VERBOSE[7609][C-00000013]: pbx.c:2925 in pbx_extension_helper:
  NOTICE[3042]: chan_sip.c:30421 in sip_poke_noanswer: Peer '8884' is
now UNREACHABLE!

specifically, the messages coming from syslog have extra debugging
information (which I am not interested in):

  pbx.c:
  chan_sip.c:

vs .

  pbx.c:2925 in pbx_extension_helper:
  chan_sip.c:30421 in sip_poke_noanswer:

Why are same log level settings producing different logs?

This is just making the log lines longer and less readable. It is just
bombarding me with useless information. I don't have debug set, so why
am I getting debug information? Who cares on which line in the .c file
the function is defined ?

Please tell me how to log through syslog, without the extra debugging info.

thanks,