On 12/2/19 11:52 AM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
    So I know that AMI is listening and I can talk to it.  Here is the
    main log"

    [Nov 27 06:16:00] VERBOSE[101155] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection
    [Nov 27 06:16:00] VERBOSE[101245] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection
    disconnected
    [Nov 27 06:16:01] VERBOSE[101244] manager.c: Manager 'asterisk' logged
    on from 127.0.0.1

    The AMI command, after the login, looks like this:

    Action: Originate
    Channel: SIP/outgoing/%%(destination)s
    Context: LocalSets
    CallerID: Vybe Consulting Inc Fax Service <5555551212>
    Exten: sendfax
    Timeout: 30000
    Variable: faxfile=%%(faxfile)s
    Variable: uid=%%(uid)s
    Variable: destination=%%(destination)s
    Variable: sender_name=Vybe Consulting Inc Fax Service
    Variable: sender_num=5555551212

    Those "%%" strings get replaced by real data.  My sendfax extension has
    a bunch of stuff but the very first line is this:

    exten => sendfax,1,Verbose(0,FAX ${faxfile} to ${destination})

    So, regardless of what follows, shouldn't I be seeing that message in my
    logs?

Only if it was actually answered. You'd need to dig deeper by looking at the SIP trace itself (sip set debug on) to see if an attempt was made and what occurred.

OK, so I did that and my logs are really busy now. However, a search through them doesn't find the phone number that I am faxing to.

Are you sure that it needs to be answered before it starts logging? Logging only when something works isn't much of a debugging tool.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.