On 23/03/2020 11:29, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 7:15 AM John Hughes <j...@calva.com <mailto:j...@calva.com>> wrote:

    Hi, in these dark days of COVID-19 lockdown I'm using linphone to
    connect to my office asterisk system for working from home.

    It's going pretty well but the presence/BLF functions don't appear
    to work.

    In the linphone logs and asterisk debug I find that asterisk is
    rejecting linphone's PUBLISH message:

Asterisk has no support for receiving/storing/using such a PUBLISH message. Asterisk instead generates state itself based on whether something is on the phone, busy, etc. This is received using a SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY.

Aha!  Thanks a bunch. Now I just have to fix linphone's broken SUBSCRIBE...

Mar 23 11:48:37] WARNING[2128]: chan_sip.c:28198 handle_request_subscribe:
SUBSCRIBE failure:*no Accept header*: pvt: stateid: -1, laststate: 0,
dialogver: 0, subscribecont: '', subscribeuri: ''