Hi,

On 4/17/2020 10:34 AM, Olivier wrote:
All this came from ast_tls_cert script using 1024 bits-long keys where Debian's defaut was to require at least 2048-long keys !
Simply passing -b 2048 to ast_tls_cert solved it.

Yes, this was addressed by two¹ commits² in the most recent releases because of the report in ASTERISK-28750³.

1. May I suggest mentioning explicitly this possibility in wiki page ?

I've done that. Let us know if it needs more clarifying details.

2. What would you say of adding an extra input argument to have certificates built for a specific duration (default is 365 days and some may expect a different duration) ?

I think that would be fine. If you are willing to contribute that change, feel free to open an issue in JIRA⁴ and attach a patch, or submit the patch for review yourself⁵.

Kind regards,
Sean

1. https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/commit/de6919f33942911647b1ec0eccfdd942ad776f55 2. https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/commit/7f2d56fc8c0068bdd172a558f9eebf0e81693c48
3. https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-28750