On Sun, 12 Jul 2020, Saint Michael wrote:

WORLDWIDE EMERGENCY

Again?

The code below needs to be executed before any SIP or PJSIP call destined to the US network, or soon no call will terminate. This is called Stir-Shaken, a new law from the FCC. If this is not working the whole Asterisk industry will crash, vanish, be gone.

Seen any little chickens lately?

According to 'https://www.fcc.gov/call-authentication':

"In March 2020, the Commission adopted new rules requiring all originating and terminating voice service providers to implement caller ID authentication using STIR/SHAKEN technological standards in the Internet Protocol (IP) portions of their networks by June 30, 2021."

So this is a provider issue, not an end user issue and 'June 30, 2021' doesn't sound like 'soon.' If this is legit, why haven't my providers said squat?

Server = 208.73.232.47

So why do you want everybody to send you their call metadata? What's your endgame? Generate leads to call to pitch your service? Poach clients?

Sorry if I sound cynical. It's 2020 and I'm fresh out of "F's."

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST