On 8/29/22 08:48, Mark Murawski wrote:
On 8/29/22 08:31, Antony Stone wrote:
Hi.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Application_Originate

I need to use Originate() in a dialplan, pointing to another location in the
same extension of the same context, so for example:

Originate(Local/${Dest}@Dialout,exten,${CONTEXT},${EXTEN},158);

I don't seem to be able to substitute the priority 158 with a label - is this
deliberate or is this a bug?

If it is deliberate, is there any workaround which would enable me to use Originate when the dialplan is written in AEL, which makes it not possible for
me to define priority numbers?

(Alternatively, is there a way to define priority numbers in AEL?)

I'd prefer the first solution - being able to use Originate with a label as the
target - as it's neater and more generic.

Thanks,

Antony.

Hi Anthony,

I love to hear about AEL use-cases.  I'm happy that AEL is working out for you.

Without modifying the code for Originate(), you can do this while staying purely in AEL
Here's your workaround:

context something {
  s => {
Originate(Local/${Dest}@Dialout,exten,${CONTEXT},GotoLabel,1,,v(GotoExten=${EXTEN}^GotoLabel=LabelName));
  }

  GotoLabel => {
    goto ${CONTEXT}, ${GotoExten}, ${GotoLabel};
  }
}

And, additionally.  You really *should* be breaking down components into their own macros or extension blocks.  Adding labels to jump into the middle of an extension is typically a sign that you've outgrown your overall design.

It's much. much. much easier to build a system up from different contexts,extensions and use goto/gosub and make your system more modular instead of having one-giant-context with one-giant-extension that tries to do everything.

Hope this helps!