On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 11:35 AM Antony Stone <
antony.st...@asterisk.open.source.it> wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 September 2022 at 15:32:50, Thomas Ray wrote:
>
> > From https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Channels
> >
> > "The primary exception is with Local Channels. In the case of local
> > channels, you'll typically have two local channel legs, one that is
> > treated as outbound and the other as inbound. In this case both are
> really
> > inside Asterisk, but one is executing dialplan and the other is not. The
> > leg executing dialplan is the one treated as inbound."
> >
> > In your case, context-00000ce9;1 is the inbound channel because you did
> > Dial(Local/number@context) and context-00000ce9;2 is the outbound
> channel
> > because it did the Dial to another destination. Simply, the numbers
> > represent each leg of a local channel.
>
> Thanks - so, which one should I pass as the parameter to ChannelRedirect()
> when I want to put the call on hold (and then Bridge() when I want to join
> it
> back to the other caller again)?

It... depends on who you want to be affected by it. For example:

PJSIP/alice <---> Local;1 <----> Local;2 <---> PJSIP/bob

If you redirect "Local;1" then PJSIP/bob is going to be impacted, because
you're changing what Local;1 is doing.
If you redirect "Local;2" then PJSIP/alice is going to be impacted, because
you're changing what Local;2 is doing.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead