On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 5:57 AM Nenad Radosavljevic <nen...@snr.rs> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone know is it possible to cancel the call duration limit set in
> app Dial with options S(x) or L(x[:y[:z]]), by for instance entering custom
> feature code (application map) during the call ?
>
> I have read somewhere that bridge features can be set using the
> ${BRIDGE_FEATURES} variable on channel, but it was not clear to me can they
> be modified that way after the bridge has started ?
>
> Idea is to make application map for caller channel that will do
> Set(BRIDGE_FEATURES=S(0)) on its invocation via feature code (with some
> "call unlimit autorization" dialplan logic before it), in order to be able
> to un-limit call duration on-demand.

The Dial options are not dynamic during the call, they're just read and set
when Dial() is invoked. The same applies for BRIDGE_FEATURES. The TIMEOUT
dialplan function[1] is just what can be changed during the call.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+20+Function_TIMEOUT

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Project Lead