From: Asterisk Learner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Dial via X100P

It does not dial a 1. The '1' denotes the Zap channel number which in
this case is probably your X100P. Zap channels are assigned to Zap ports
depending on the order in which you do a modprobe on them.

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Michaelson Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 2:18 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Dial via X100P

Just connected my X100P to Verizon. I stumbled across a config that works, for the moment, with this Dial command:

;this works, because it prefixes a 1 on the dialing.  But why does
it?...
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/609${EXTEN}|55)

The comment says it all. The card/SW seems to dial a 1 before it dials the 609${EXTEN}

Unless I'm misinterpreting what is happening?

This obviously limits my possibilities. Can somebody explain to me why it dials 1, or appears to?