No one responded to the original, nor to my followup. So, here I am again following up my own followup :-)

I was speaking with a colleague of mine today who is running * at his office and at home. He told me that he was using iaxcomm and couldn't hear any sounds. I told him that I had the same problem with DIAX (after it was working flawlessly for a month).

He told me that he did a "cvs up", rebuilt *, and the problem went away. Instantly, I realized I was bitten by the same cvs bug. I had a working system, I did a cvs up because I thought I had a transcoding problem after I bought some g729 licenses, and the next time I ran DIAX, it failed. At the time, I didn't make the connection that I had done a cvs up that day, because it never occurred to me that something as simple as a direct IAX connection would be broken by updating *.

Anyway, after updating to cvs from today, DIAX is once again working great for me, and I thought I'd share that tidbit with anyone else who might be silently pulling their hair out wondering what's wrong in their config that used to work...

Hadar Pedhazur wrote:
Anyway, in my P.S. yesterday (the main post was on Codec problems), I described a situation where any IAX softphone was registering successfully, and then having zero sounds heard on either side of the call. Here is an "iax2 debug" output from a DIAX call to a local * server, dialing the extension that goes directly to the "demo" application.