Maron Kristófersson wrote:

Running asterisk on gentoo 2004.0, kernel 2.6.5, 2.8 Ghz hyperthreading CPU 1G RAM. I decided to use kernel 2.6 after reading about problems with hyperthreading and asterisk in 2.4 on this list. So far I've only connected to VOIP service providers and everything has been working very well. I will however connect a PRI line in the next 3-4 weeks so I'm interested in hearing from experienced kernel 2.6 users as well.

I'm also interested in getting in contact with people using asterisk as a hotel pbx, which is my setup (100 rooms in 3 locations, 1 asterisk box).

If you hit a wall trying to get intel based boxes to do the job, let me know.
I am working on a SunOS port. It would be fun to see this running on a Sun Fire server.
Should be able to scale it to 1000+ rooms. Only problem, servers run from about 50k to a million.
That's like real money. But it would still be fun.

btw: this is not a very pretty port. The current state of the * source tree does not lend itself
very well to other OS's. Quite a bit of hacking involved. Something that I would never
want to see checked into cvs.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option