Ed Guy wrote:

There were SRV records on fwd.pulver.com about a year ago,  but
there was something in the configuration that caused 7960s to
constantly reboot. Got lots of PSTN calls that day!

This is the crux of the argument, devices and software (ie asterisk) that don't support, or don't support properly/fully the use of SRV records... I know of MTA software that doesn't properly support MX records as well, they try to send it to the A record then fall back to MX or something weird like that, but unlike SIP this is the minority not the majority...

The SRV records do exist on other fwd domains, e.g.,
_sip._udp.freeworlddialup.com
and will again probably find their way back to fwd.pulver.com.

This may be so, however I've always seen it written as [EMAIL PROTECTED] I always wondered why even on freeworlddialup.com it wasn't written as [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the
stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."