Mike Benoit wrote:

I'm curious to know if anyone else using SPA-2000's have the same
issues. I wonder if when calls are made from SPA-2000's to PSTN numbers
through Asterisk, asterisk is just amplifying the SPA-2000's own echo
somehow.

I've noticed that my SPA-2000 has very bad echoing at the start of calls going over the X100P to/from the PSTN. However, within 60 seconds, the echo will eventually completely eliminate itself. The echo is only heard from the SPA end, the remote caller does not hear any echo.

Currently I only have two X100Ps and the SPA-2000, so there isn't much to test with, but those are my out-of-the-box results. I have yet to tweak any settings to see if I can eliminate the echo problem altogether.

I do have both asterisk's echo cancellation and the SPA's echo cancellation enabled.

Best regards,
Trevor Peirce