hallo all,

i am new to asterisk, just started my first tests and tried to build up a phoneserver with serveral iaxcomm clients running over iax2.

my question is:
now, it is possible to reach all phones over the asterisk server, but the media stream is always routed through the server.
is it also possible to use asterisk to manage only the connection process through asterisk and that the media data flow runs peer to peer? ( similar to a h323 gatekeeper )

how to setup the extention.conf and aix.conf? could anybody direct me to infos how to set up asterisk to work in this way?

thanks for any help and infos,
best,
alex tucek