TC wrote:
I'm hoping someone might have seen this before because I'm just about
at a loss of what to do.  I have an asterisk system setup in a call
center environment with multiple queues. After a random uptime asterisk
will suddenly come to a partial halt where I can connect to the cli but
issuing a command such as show channels gives no response, and calls
cannot be made in or out. Calls in progress usually drop as well, but
if they don't right away, after a minute or so they will. To remedy the
problem I have to do a restart on asterisk, which of course makes all
the agents have to login again and is just a big mess.

I have agents being dynamically added to the queues via an AGI script,
also the agents are added to all queues so that they can take calls
from any of them. I'm not sure if this is important but since I use the
AgentCallbackLogin function I have all the agents inside their own
context so that I can use a macro to determine if they are on an
outgoing call (using app_checkgroup) before ringing them to prevent
call waiting tones.

I've thoroughly searched the messages log, in which I have both verbose
and debug logging enabled. I've never found anything to indicate a
problem, it simply looks like calls just slow down and stop. One other
thing that may be important, I have a daemon running which stays
connected to the manager api listening for events and sending off two
commands every 10 seconds, one to get the status of the queues, and one
to get the status of agents.

say hello to app_noQ and chan_deadlock :) http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20debugging

I might be wrong about chan_deadlock but i am pretty sure yiou have
dead lock situation might be cause by manager blocking all else...
try the dead lock debug to see if tou can id when threads are competing for
the same
locks

I'm with TC. I'm sure you have a deadlock. Same thing happened to me with IAX and fax detection. I turned off fax detection and my problems were solved.

TL