I was looking at the sample "follow me" config (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Tips+follow+me) which uses a dial modifier 'c' to enable Answer confirmation - "If the letter c follows, then "Answer Confirmation" is requested, in which the call is not considered answered until the called user presses #. " (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+ZAP+channels).  I would like to get this feature working on non-Zap channels such as IAX2 or SIP.  My need is exactly as the "follow me" example describes: Ring my desk, if no answer ring my cell and if no answer revert back to * for VM...Answer confirmation seems to achieve my goal of not letting calls end up in my cell phone VM by requiring a '#' keypress from the called user (me on my cell) to consider the call answered....My other thought is to time how long it takes for an unanswered call to end up in my cell VM and limit * to dialing the cell for n-3 seconds or something similar to avoid ever hitting the cell VM...problem is, if I'm out of coverage or if the phone is turned off, the cell will answer the call immediately...

If this is not implemented in other channels, can anyone recommend either an alternative solution or a starting point for implementing it in the code of other channels?

Thanks,

Marty Mastera
M3 Resources
[EMAIL PROTECTED]