Hi All,

I have what IMHO is an interesting issue. I'm using Cisco 7940's with the 7.2 SIP load and Asterisk CVS-HEAD-09/10/04-10:11:46. Everything is working great so far, except one small issue.

When a user presses the 'Trnsfer' soft-key, dials the other extension, and presses 'Trnsfer' again, before the other party picks up, hold music for the original caller stops. I know that users should use 'BlndXfer' for this, but one user did this with the regular 'Trnsfer' and noticed the hold music stopped.

This would not be a problem if the original call started generating ring-tone, but it doesn't do that either, just dead air. Any help with this one would be greatly appreciated.

And here's the config: (simplified)

; NO OPTIONS TO DIAL STRING
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/1)
exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/2)
exten => 3,1,Dial(SIP/3)

And here's the walk through of what happens: (simplified)

1.) Ext 1 picks up and dials 2
2.) Ext 2 rings, Ext 1 hears ring tone
3.) Ext 2 answers
4.) Ext 2 presses 'Trnsfer', dials 3, Ext 1 hears music-on-hold
5.) Ext 3 rings, Ext 2 hears ring tone
6.) Ext 2 presses 'Trnsfer' again to complete the transfer, without waiting to talk to Ext 3 first, Ext 1 hears only silence - dead air
7.) Ext 3 answers, doesn't, whatever, it works from here

If I'm doing something stupid, please let me know, I tend to do this when the answer is right in front of my face :)

Thanks,
Chris