At first I thought the X100P was what I was looking for, but now it
looks to me like the X100P does not have an IP interface, so it would
require all audio to run through the CPU. I'm familiar with ATA186's,
which I think are comparable to the IAXy box, and I'd just like to find
something like that that provides an FXO interface. Can anyone help me?

If you can use a box with 2 FXO and 2 FXS, take a look at the Planet VIP-450 http://www.planet.com.tw/product/product_dm.php?product_id=195&menu_id=3 . We use the VIP-400 (H.323 version). It has lots of flexibility in the dial plan, IDs, etc. You can download the complete manual from the Planet site.

Pros:  Inexpensive, good voice quality, doesn't crash, excellent hardware
      reliability, good support for configuration problems.

Cons:  Many minor bugs and shortcomings, no support at all for getting
      these fixed, unless a big customer of Planet happens to experience
      the same trouble!

--Stewart