Hi Guillermo,

The reason I don't send ANI when I get a 5 for .ar protocol is the information I have says something different :-) It says that when I get A5 I should respond with the calling party category, which I think I do. The current code seems to work OK against a Dialogic card in .ar mode.

R2 documentation is somewhat unreliable in various countries. I will try to sort this out at the weekend. I have an update I am trying to finish off, with various fixes in it.

Steve

Guillermo Freige wrote:

I'm trying to get ANI info without succes in the Unicall channel. Apparently (as told by the PBX technical support), Argentina R2 implementation of ANI request needs a different answer than the current UniCall support. When Asterisk receives a 0x5 (ANI request) it must answer with an 0x1 and then the individual digits of the actual extension number (601 in my case). Unicall only answers the extension number, generating a protocol error.
Also, when the call is established by asterisk, ANI request isn't generated at all.
Of course, I'll try to fix the mising 0x1 myself, at least if I find where to add the extra digit :) Any help appreciated.

Guillermo