On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Chris Goodwin wrote:
I have a question regarding the use of callerID and call forwarding. When I forward any of my Zap extensions in the office to an outside line, such as a cell phone, the callerID info shows up as originating from that office phone, rather than from whoever actually originated the call into that office phone. Does anyone have an idea of how to pass the callerID info of the originating caller to the forwarded phone?

Area you using a PRI line, or what?

If a PRI, you need your provider to allow you to set the outgoing CallerID to whatever you'd like, instead of just one of your own numbers.

If BRI, Analog, etc, I don't think there is a way to set your own CallerID.