Christopher Dobbs wrote:

I am using Console/DSP for an intercom. I want to play my MP3 collection over it when no one is using it, like when they do in the supermarket.

I doubt this code will work if you cut and paste, as I'm just writing from memory to give you an idea of what I would do. First create your intercom extension.

exten => 555,1,Hangup(Console/DSP)
exten => 555,2,Dial(Console/DSP,,g)
exten => 555,3,System('script to copy moh.call to moh2.call, then move it to the spool/outgoing folder')

the g in Dial is to go on when the caller hangs up -- you will want to double check g is in fact the right flag.

Your moh.call file should be written to call Console/DSP and connect it to the MusicOnHold application.

Then the MOH will stop when extension is called, so you can make an announcement, and will resume when the announcer hangs up when another call is placed to the MOH generator.

Good luck,
Trevor Peirce