---- Original Message ----
From: Ariel Batista

I have Spandsp working fine. Asterisk sees a fax on the zap port and
redirects the call to the fax-in area.

This works if I have a simple dialing rules that goes answers first
and waits 10 secs then goes to the next item. >If it hears a fax it
goes to the right place. Here is a sample that works. Also you need
to have the fax lines in >the context that all calls from the pstn
side come in. In my case it was inbound.

[incoming]
exten => 2019,1,Goto(test,s,1)
[test]
exten => s,1,answer
exten => s,2,wait(5)
exten => s,3,Macro(stdexten,Sip/101)

exten => fax,1,Goto(fax-in,s,1)

[fax-in]

I am adding the notes as what we did to fix this problem in case
someone else needs these fixes. Note this problem is due to what I
feel is a bug in asterisk. But there is a work around. Here you need
to add an extra line which is not really used. Asterisk will work if
you add this to it. exten => s,1,NoOp
exten => s,2,Dial(zap/1)

Instead of
exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/1)

We now actually have it going to spandsp now and it's working from
the macro.

But if I use this following macro it just detects the fax then goes
to congestion instead of the fax extenstion. [macro-followme]
;
; Standard single line follow me then to voicemail
; $ARG1 first device to dial to. $ARG2 2nd device to dial.
;
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(5)
exten => s,3,Dial(${ARG1},20)
exten => s,4,Dial(Zap/g1/${ARG2})
exten => s,5,Voicemail(u${MACRO_EXTEN})
exten => s,104,GotoIf($[${DIALSTATUS}=CHANUNAVAIL]?105:107)
exten => s,105,Dial(Zap/g1/${ARG2})
exten => s,106,Voicemail(b${MACRO_EXTEN})
exten => s,107,Voicemail(u${MACRO_EXTEN})
;
I am calling it with this setup.

exten => 2019,1,Macro(followme,Sip/101,16502468900)