"Christopher L. Wade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Steven Kalcevich (Lists) wrote:
Question,

What makes them useless? What does the xp100 have that others are
missing, just wondering. thanks

Simple its a winmodem. This means that absolutely raw data is handed over to the CPU, not pre-processed data like you would get from any other type of modem. * was developed to use 'off-the-shelf' components, which doesn't necessarily mean ots cards.

The * dev team spends an incredible amount of time trying to create more apps and hammer more functionality and stability into the code. They work their buts off to make * happen. In return, they have only developed drivers for ONE particular chipset, which happens to be a winmodem chipset, typically built into a cheap piece of hardware, making * compatible hardware easy - relatively speaking - to come by. They do this for several reasons as I will attempt to explain in - vain - hopes this question won't get asked again for at least another week.

First, Digium is a hardware business.

[snip]

Just two points of clarification Chris, ... first of all I don't think the x100p is central to Digium's existence at all. Do you see it on their website any more? ;-)

Secondly, Digium is no longer just "a hardware business", according to their "Professional Services" left-nav option and the offerings below it.

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer