On Sunday 19 December 2004 02:00, Keith O'Brien wrote:

> Since the incoming stream is using VAD, my assumption is that it is losing
> the timing during the pauses in the speech.   Does anyone know of a way to
> just turn off VAD in *?   This would have multiple benefits (if you have
> the bandwidth).   Turning off VAD will improve voice quality by eliminating
> and front end clipping during talk spurts and I am assuming will also
> minimize the impact of not having a ZAP timing source.
>
> Is there a way to disable VAD in *?

It seems not:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-RTP+Silence+Suppression
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-August/018670.html
(I'm not sure if that second one has been superseded by more recent events? -
but the first certainyl suggests that it's the sender which decides whether
to use VAD or not, not the receiver)

Antony.

--
There's no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes.

 - Billy Connolly

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.