Hi,

I have had problems with receiving faxes with rxfax.

Using bristuff with four hfc cards and spandsp 0.2.0 pre6 I got the
symptoms of frame slips.

I've tried all the debugging tips in this thread.
I've tried moving from kernel 2.4 to 2.6.7.

The only symptom of something wrong has been the 32k interrupts per second
generated by the zaphfc driver.

All the time the sound quality when listening has been good.

Applying the patch from Florian Zumbiehl to zaphfc seems to have solved my
problems. The number of generated interrupts when the system was idle
decreased drastically.

Thanks Florian!

Link to the patch can be found at the wiki:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20zaphfc

/Nils

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Joe Presto wrote:

> Hi, I'm running into issues receiving faxes which, from what I have read,
> may be caused by frame slips.  While I can find many posts saying to
> investigate it, I can't find any that describe *how* to debug the problem.
> Tried searching this list as well to no avail.

> FYI, I'm running wbel, AMP 1.04, spandsp 2pre4.  Faxing to a pstn on a
> t400p. Most faxes don't get received at all, but those that do have what
> appear to be the traditional signs: horizontal lines, most of the page cut
> off, etc..
>

> And here's a basic linux question as a followup: if I try different
> hardware, can I use the existing build - or do I need to rebuild linux to
> properly detect the changed devices?
>

> Thanks in advance - Joe Presto

Nils Segerdahl