Sirs,

According to RFC 2705 (MGCP), these are the parameters that are used in the transactions:

ReturnCode, Connection-parameters <-- DeleteConnection(CallId, EndpointId, ConnectionId, [Encapsulated NotificationRequest,] [Encapsulated EndpointConfiguration])

ReturnCode, <-- DeleteConnection( CallId, EndpointId, ConnectionId, Reason-code, Connection-parameters)

           ReturnCode,
           <-- DeleteConnection( CallId,
                                 EndpointId)

ReturnCode, <-- DeleteConnection( EndpointId)

ReturnCode, EndPointIdList|{ [RequestedEvents,] [DigitMap,] [SignalRequests,] [RequestIdentifier,] [NotifiedEntity,] [ConnectionIdentifiers,] [DetectEvents,] [ObservedEvents,] [EventStates,] [BearerInformation,] [RestartReason,] [RestartDelay,] [ReasonCode,] [Capabilities]} <--- AuditEndPoint(EndpointId, [RequestedInfo])

ReturnCode, [CallId,] [NotifiedEntity,] [LocalConnectionOptions,] [Mode,] [RemoteConnectionDescriptor,] [LocalConnectionDescriptor,] [ConnectionParameters] <--- AuditConnection(EndpointId, ConnectionId, RequestedInfo)

         ReturnCode,
         [NotifiedEntity]
               <------- RestartInProgress ( EndPointId,
                                            RestartMethod,
                                            [RestartDelay,]
                                            [Reason-code])

          ReturnCode
          <-- EndpointConfiguration( EndpointId,
                                     BearerInformation)

      ReturnCode
      <-- NotificationRequest( EndpointId,
                               [NotifiedEntity,]
                               [RequestedEvents,]
                               RequestIdentifier,
                               [DigitMap,]
                               [SignalRequests,]
                               [QuarantineHandling,]
                               [DetectEvents,]
                               [encapsulated EndpointConfiguration])

              ReturnCode
              <-- Notify( EndpointId,
                          [NotifiedEntity,]
                          RequestIdentifier,
                          ObservedEvents)

ReturnCode, ConnectionId, [SpecificEndPointId,] [LocalConnectionDescriptor,] [SecondEndPointId,] [SecondConnectionId] <--- CreateConnection(CallId, EndpointId, [NotifiedEntity,] [LocalConnectionOptions,] Mode, [{RemoteConnectionDescriptor | SecondEndpointId}, ] [Encapsulated NotificationRequest,] [Encapsulated EndpointConfiguration])

ReturnCode, [LocalConnectionDescriptor] <--- ModifyConnection(CallId, EndpointId, ConnectionId, [NotifiedEntity,] [LocalConnectionOptions,] [Mode,] [RemoteConnectionDescriptor,] [Encapsulated NotificationRequest,] [Encapsulated EndpointConfiguration])

My questions:

1) I am using Asterisk and a softphone called MGCP eyeP Phone. I was watching the traffic between them at Ethereal and observed that some of them have extra parameters. Example: CreateConnection has "Request Identifier (X)", that is not described on RFC 2705. Should I ignore or consider it?

2) There are some parameters that don't have identifier? I mean, "Request Identifier" is "X:"; "Observed Events" is "O: "; "Call ID" is "C: "... These are them:
- "Notified Entity"
- "Remote Connection Descriptor"
- "encapsulated Endpoint Configuration"
- "Second Endpoint Id"
- "encapsulated Notification Request"

2.1) How can I identify them when they exist?

2.2) What means "encapsulated" parameters??

Thanks in advance,

Leonardo